Ninth International Clinical Skills Conference
For over a decade, the International Clinical Skills Conference has been a consistently high quality conference for clinical educators and researchers. The ninth conference will be held in May 2023, convened by an International, multi-professional steering committee and co-ordinated by the International Clinical Skills Foundation (Inc) charity, in conjunction with Monash University.
The conference will again be held at Monash University’s Prato campus in Italy and will include a diverse range of experienced keynote speakers, oral presentations and workshops on all aspects of clinical skills education and research. This will take place from Sunday May 21st until Wednesday May 24th 2023. The venue, Palazzo Vaj, is ideal for hosting this friendly, boutique event with ample opportunities to network and discuss ideas with established names in clinical education
Aims of conference
- Provide a forum for debate on innovation and the evidence base for clinical skills teaching and learning
- Showcase research and best practice on clinical skills education
- Stimulate innovation in clinical skills
- Gather expert and beginner clinical skills educators for networking
- Aid funding for research on clinical skills
Work may be submitted for consideration for presentation as:
- Oral research papers – describing evidence based practice and innovation
- Electronic poster presentations – on works in progress or interesting topics
- Workshops – practical problems addressed in a ‘hands on’ fashion
- Roundtable discussions – addressing complex and controversial topics
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Review Committee and feedback will be given to all submissions.
A selection of abstracts submitted may be considered for development into full papers for publication in an edited book.
Abstracts to be submitted online; closing date for abstracts is Friday, September 30th 2022.
For abstract specifications please refer to abstract link on conference website.
The theme for the Ninth conference is ‘Together’ with a focus on diversity and inclusion in medical/nursing education. Abstracts should relate to one or more of the following categories.
- Innovations to advance Clinical Skills Education and Practice
- Excellence in Teaching and Learning Skills – What’s working
- Assessing Clinical skills in the workplace
- Evidenced based Teaching and Assessment of Clinical skills
- Interprofessional collaboration in clinical skills education and practice
- Priorities in Clinical Skills Education
- Research in Clinical Skills – where’s the evidence?
- Professionalism as part of Clinical Competence
Monash Prato Centre is located in an elegant 18th century building, the Palazzo Vaj, in the historic centre of Prato, Tuscany. The centre is 25 minutes by train from Florence.