Seventh International Clinical Skills Conference
Over the last decade the International Clinical Skills Conference has been a consistently high quality conference for clinical educators and researchers. The seventh conference will be held in May 2017, convened by an International, multi-professional steering committee and co-ordinated by the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences Education, Monash University in conjunction with the College of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing, Institute of Health Skills and Education, University of Dundee.
The conference will again be held at Monash University’s Prato campus in Italy and will include a diverse range of experienced keynote speakers, oral presentations and workshops on all aspects of clinical skills education and research. The venue, Palazzo Vaj, is ideal for hosting this friendly, boutique event with ample opportunities to network and discuss ideas with established names in clinical education
Aims of conference
The theme for the Seventh conference is “Transitions” and the intention is to:
- Provide a forum for debate on innovation and the evidence base for clinical skills teaching and learning
- Showcase research and best practice on clinical skills education
- Stimulate innovation in clinical skills
- Gather expert and beginner clinical skills educators for networking
- Aid funding for research on clinical skills
Work may be submitted for consideration for presentation as:
- Full and brief research papers – describing evidence based practice and innovation
- Poster presentations – on works in progress or interesting topics
- Workshops – practical problems addressed in a ‘hands on’ fashion
- Roundtable discussions – addressing complex and controversial topics
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and feedback will be given to all submissions.
A selection of abstracts submitted may be considered for development into full papers for publication in an edited book.
Abstracts to be submitted online; closing date for abstracts is September 12th 2016.
For abstract specifications please refer to abstract link on conference website.
- Innovations to advance Clinical Skills Education and Practice
- Excellence in Teaching and Learning Skills – What’s working
- Assessing Clinical skills in the workplace
- Evidenced based Teaching and Assessment of Clinical skills
- Interprofessional collaboration in clinical skills education and practice
- Priorities in Clinical Skills Education
- Research in Clinical Skills – where’s the evidence?
- Professionalism as part of Clinical Competence
Monash Prato Centre is located in an elegant 18th century building, the Palazzo Vaj, in the historic centre of Prato, Tuscany. The centre is 25 minutes by train from Florence.